Registration Information - Although certain areas of our website are made available to all visitors, before you can access the research at www.thebottomupeconomist.com, you will need to register your details with us in accordance with the registration details.
We reserve the right to ask for your date of birth to verify your age. Please note we will not collect the personal information of any individual under the age of 18.
Your Responsibility - In addition to the rights and duties under the BUE Research’s Terms & Conditions, if you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and your password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this site by you and those using your login information.
Cookies - To allow our website to function properly and enhance your experience with our site, we may need to use “cookies”. Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your log-in information during a session. You are welcome to delete any cookies placed on your computer by our server. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, once you choose to furnish us with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
How we look after your information - We make sure that all of your information is as safe as possible. In addition, we have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorized access and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services.
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your data, including the correction or deletion of data you include in your profile.
For personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
You can make these requests by emailing us at [email protected], and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
How we use your information - We log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Services, including our sites and mobile application.
We use the data (which can include your communications) to investigate, respond to and resolve issues related to the Services.
We use data and content about our site visitors for invitations and communications promoting subscribership, engagement and our Services.
We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products and services, and to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to offer you other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You can elect not to receive such marketing material at any time by writing to [email protected].
We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you of when we make changes to our Terms and Conditions, to the BUE Research, LLC Subscription Agreement, to fulfill a request by you, or to contact you about your membership with us.
We also sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet browsing experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage.
When do we give information that you provide us with to other people? - We share your information with SubHub, the entity that help us run our site by providing hosting and design services to us. SubHub provides the technology on which our Site runs and holds and maintains the databases in which data about our users is contained. SubHub will only use data you provide to the extent necessary to enable us to operate the Site. We reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information (i) to comply with applicable laws and government requests, (ii) to be able to operate our systems properly or (iii) to protect ourselves or our users.
We may disclose personally identifiable information to a nonaffiliated third party to perform services or functions on our behalf (such as for third party payment arrangements). These third parties include, but may not be exclusive to:
Right to Materials You Provide - By uploading or submitting any suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other materials to us you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive and assignable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology. In addition, you warrant that all “moral rights” (as defined by the US Copyright Act) in those materials have been waived – unless otherwise directly coordinated with a BUE Research, LLC employer.
Other Important Information - We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, and “legitimate interests”.
Your personal information will be processed on the basis of our legitimate interests:
- to exercise and comply with our rights and obligations at law or under regulation, where such obligations are set out under the laws of countries outside the United States, or under a contract to which we are a party;
- to manage and administer our business and to analyze and improve our business relationships;
- to communicate with you in respect of any products offered by us;
- to undertake risk assessment and operational control exercises;
- for statistical and trend analysis; for systems administration, operation, testing and support and to manage and ensure the security of our information systems;
- to help detect, prevent, investigate, and prosecute fraud and/or other criminal activity;
- to disclose information to a governmental, tax or regulatory body, financial market, broker or other intermediaries, counterparties, court, auditors or other third parties and to undertake compliance activities, when this is in our interests, or in the interests of any of our clients, including where the laws of the United States do not require us to do the same;
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; and in order to protect and enforce the rights, property, or safety of the BUE Research, our clients, or to assist our clients or investors or others to do the same;
- to investigate and respond to any complaints about BUE Research and its business or any incidents relating to the Manager and to help maintain quality and to deal with complaints and disputes; and
- to make certain assessments about you in order to assess your eligibility for investing in investment products offered by us.